Monday, May 28, 2012

Dreams, Night of 5.27

There were these feelings of having to protect someone. I believe it was Lando. But there was something different about all of it. We were going to attend a ball, it was in a huge meeting place and there were a ton of important people there. I remember looking at a screen and seeing various company names and that's when it hit me. There was some kind of conspiracy and all of these companies were involved. I run toward a house to find Lando and when I do manage to find him he is much younger than in RL. He's a tiny infant, so I bundle him up in blankets and head back to the ball. Why I run back toward the ball, I am uncertain. I think I was going to use him to try and take a stance, to make a speech and expose the corruptness to the entire audience.

_ _ _

I'm at an elevator trying desperately to get downstairs in time. A door opens and there's a girl already in it. The floor of the elevator is not level with the ground level. This was very odd, in my observation and hesitation to men hop into the elevator, the doors close, and my opportunity is lost. I quickly push the button to call on another elevator. Waiting there so impatiently I find the door to the stairway with my eyes. Five levels. I look back to see the progress of the elevator. Something is wrong. There is an older woman next to me, her hair is completely gray. She seems to have a need to get to the bottom just as much as I do. I tell her my plan to take the stairs and in just another moment we are making way toward them. As we get down the first flight we have to make a jump into a room not too far below us, this is where the stairs suddenly end. I want to question it, but there is no time. There are people in the room, posted on a set of bunkbeds. It seems that this is their dwelling. I ask them for the way out and they point at a wall which has a sliver just a few inches wide as it's doorway opening. I panic as I run toward the opening and look down the narrow passageway. There is no way back from where we came and no way forward. I feel so helpless and my heart rate starts to pick up. Then I remember the lady, I run over to her to make sure she is okay. She had fallen after the jump so I help to bring her back to her feet. We both go back to the wall to look at where our haste has brought us. In a moment I hear one of the other members of the room speak "they open up sometimes."

'I don't understand?', is what the expression on my face says back to him. "The whole in wall, sometimes it opens up, gets bigger. You know?"

I turn back to the wall, highly doubting his claims but wanting so badly that the wall will begin to open up for us. And in a moment it did. I think I might have jumped or squealed from the excitement. As soon as it opened up wide enough I grabbed the lady's hand and pulled us both through. Only when we reached the hall at the end, did I yell back a thank you and wave a farewell to the strangers living in the hidden room. It's dark outside and there is still quite a way to go to reach the bottom. I run around the floor for a minute trying to find our next exit, trying to plan our next move. I see two young girls with a rolling suitcase. They are about to head down a staircase to what looks to be labeled as some sort of power reactor. I yell at them to stop, that they're going the wrong way. They look at me as though I wasn't addressing them. They look at me as if to place the people who I am talking to, and they continue on their way. The lady calls over to me as I stare at the girls departing down the stairs, completely lost in my own mind as to what exactly is happening. The lady has found an extremely long staircase which looks as though it will take us directly to the bottom. I am ecstatic and horrified all at once. We have found the way out, and it is a direct path, but how long will it take us to get there? Surely we will not make it in time. But the old lady has a lot more spunk than i could have imagined. She hands me a plastic sheet and before I can ask what it's for, she takes off on her own, sliding quick as ever down the staircase. A huge grin crosses my face. 'Lady, you are a genius.'
I quickly take off on my own make-shift sled down the huge staircase. Fortunately we both made it down in one piece.

_ _ _

There is some sort of huge outdoor show going on. I know that I don't have a ticket for it and have no idea how I'm going to get in. As I walk down the hill I stop to and take a look at my right. There is a fence and beyond the fence is ocean. The sky looks dark and foreboding, and the waves perfectly compliment it's dark and gloomy demeanor. Within all of the darkness and clouds I see a very vibrant light emitting its reflection on the water. I turn my direction toward the sky and for only a brief moment I get a glimpse at what should be the moon. It's moving though, it's animated. It's glowing so brilliantly and in a moment I finally make out what it appears to be. It looks like a dolphin, with three tails, all beautifully and graceful dancing around one another.

_ _ _

I got past the fence. It was familiar and easy. I started heading in a singular direction and when I stopped I realized I was surrounded by familiar faces. My aunt Dee and other relatives. For the first time I open my ears to hear what is playing on the stage somewhere in the distance. Florence and the Machine. Then I remember I'm supposed to have blankets. I was supposed to bring them for all of us to sit on in between the bands. I quickly leave to go fetch them and I'm headed toward the end of that huge flight of stairs. The pathway is narrow and I want to meet the gaze of the moon again. Not paying attention to what is in front of me I run straight into a boy around my age. He asks why I'm ignoring him. Why I didn't respond to his text. Suddenly I feel the weight in my pocket. Oh! It must be a phone. I pull it out and show him that it's been a while since I've checked it. He seems relieved and makes his way closer to me. I begin to walk backwards, not entirely sure of whats going on. He extends his arms to embrace me and quickly becomes confused at my retreating. "Why are you acting like this baby? Is it because (another boy's name)?" This makes me even more confused. I have no idea why there are so many people involved. I hesitate to answer. Then tell him I don't know. He stops, probably because he realizes how sincere I'm being. His face gets so close to mine, and although I'm confused it seems so familiar. We must have been intimately involved. He holds me and asks me what's been going on. I tell him softly that I don't know. I seem to get lost in his embrace. Then he steps back and asks if I know who he is. "I only know that you're someone who cares about me." He seems to get very confused and frustrated. "You mean... you don't know who I am?" I try to explain to him that there's a lot that doesn't really make sense. He looks hurt though and I feel bad. I feel comfortable and safe with him and I desperately wish that I remembered. Without saying anything he leaves. I want to call after him, but there is nothing I can say to a boy I do not remember.

_ _ _

There was more that I don't feel really feel like recapping in detail.
Quickly: I was in a car with another boy who I paid to take me back to the show. He missed the turn, had to make a U-turn, but finally got me there. There was a car stuck on the tracks of a rollercoaster ride. I'm trying to get back into the show from the entrance I used before but there is a lot more security now. It seems as though something happened. There is a girl dressed in star wars pants and a matching vest. I see three teachers from elementary school. After a bit of waiting there is an opening to get back into the show. Things have shifted though and I now have Lando, Em, and Rox. This makes it very complicated to try and get us all coordinated and over the wall that stands before us. Sublime is playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment